Rules and conditions 10 YEAR CELEBRATION
Rules and Conditions 2018
- All birds in the loft will be raced by going to 10 consecutive races in 10 consecutive weeks. To qualify for any of the Ace bird competitions a bird must have been basketed and raced in all 10 races. Pigeons that do not return from the 10th (final) race will be regarded to have completed the race and will still qualify for Ace Bird.
- Pigeons entered into the loft become the property of Diaz One Loft the moment they are entered. All birds left in the Loft after the final race will be auctioned. A minimum bid of R200 will be accepted for each bird auctioned. Returns on each bird auctioned will be divided as follows:
2.1 10% to development, donations
2.1 45% to the person who entered the bird.
2.2 45% to Diaz One Loft Management
2.3 10% to Admin and Auction Fees.
- The number of birds entered per person is unlimited. For every 5 birds entered 1 spare bird will be accepted. For every 10 birds entered two free entries will be granted. (e.g.: Send 15 Bird = 10 entries + 2 free entries and 3 spare birds). Spare birds will automatically replace lost birds for their entrant. Un entered spare birds will become available for entry or sale after the final official toss. Birds lost during orientation may be replaced free of charge until 31 March 2018.
- Entry Fees:
4.1 Each entrant will pay an administration fee of R200, irrespective of the number of birds entered.
4.2 A perch fee of R350.00 per bird must be paid on or before acceptance of birds at the Loft. This includes
spare birds and free entries.
4.3 An activation fee of R1150.00 is payable for each bird remaining in the final official toss but before
basketing for the first race. Birds (excluding free entries) of which the activation fees are not paid
by basketing of the first race, will become available for entry by any person. NB Unpaid activation
fee will disqualify such birds from any prize money, until such time the activation fee is paid.
No entry fees are refundable.
4.4 Spare birds and free entries must be nominated as such on arrival of birds at the Loft. The sequence
of how the spare birds should be replacing lost birds must be stipulated.
- All birds will be fitted with electronic rings on arrival at the loft and registered on the system. Stock lists, newsletters and results will be published regularly.
- A maximum of 600 birds will be allowed in the Loft. BOOKING IS ESSENTIAL. Entrants whose perches have been booked and paid in advance will receive preference.
- Nobody but the Loft manager or his assistants, will be allowed inside the loft or will be allowed to handle any bird at any stage. The Loft manager is however free to appoint additional assistance in the event of specific tasks to be performed on the pigeons.
- Basketing of pigeons for a race will only be performed by the Loft manager and his assistants. Any interested person or fancier, is however free to observe the basketing process.
- Should 500 birds or more be activated the following prize monies are guaranteed. Should less than 500 birds be activated prize monies will be accounted pro rata:
|Ace Pigeon On
Races 1 to 10
|Ace Pigeon On
Total Average Speed(Benzing)
Races 1 to 10
|First 10 Positions
|1st R40 000.00
2nd R15 000.00
3rd R10 000.00
4th to 15th R1000.00
|1st R20 000.00
2nd R10 000.00
3rd R5 000.00
4th to 10th R1000.00
4th to 10th R500.00
|First 10 Positions
In Races 6 & 8
|First 10 positions in RACE 10
|Celebratory Race 11
|1st R10 000.00
2nd R5 000.00
4th to 10th R500,00
|1st R20 000.00
2nd R10 000.00
3rd R5 000.00
5th to 10th R1000.00
2nd Four Wheeler
3rd Mountain Bike
4th + 5th Hampers
|Team Competition Races 1 to 10 Winner takes all||Knockout Races 1 to 10 Winners take all||Baby Sale Race 4. Admin fees: 10% of Total Auction. Rest for prize money to be divided|
|Total entries @ R50 / 3 bird team less 10%||Total entries @ R50 / Pigeon less 10%||1st 40% of which 15% to breeder
2nd 25% of which 15% to breeder
3rd 15% of which 15% to breeder
4th 10% of which 15% to breeder
5th 10% of which 15% to breeder
|Previous Winner Competition Races 1 to 10||Ladies Race (Race 6) Admin fees 10% of total pool money||Long Distance Champion Races 4,6,8,10&11|
|R10.000.00 Winner takes all||1st 50%
|1st R10 000.00
|Tri-Loft Champion to be decided|
- The Ace Pigeon on Points to qualify for the prize monies in 9.1 above will be determined on points. Points are to be awarded for the first 50 birds to be clocked on every of the ten races. The 1st bird gets 50 points, 2nd 49 pts 3rd 48 pts etc. until 50th bird gets 1 point. The bird with the most points after 10 races will be the Ace pigeon.
- The Ace Pigeon on Average Velocity to qualify for the prize monies in 9.2 above will be decided on the Benzing One Loft System as determined by the Benzing program over races 1 to 10.
- Prize monies on individual races will be awarded on positions as stipulated in 9.3, 9.4 and 9.5 above.
- To qualify for prizes in Celebratory Race (race11) an additional entry fee of R500.00 per bird is payable. The race is an additional race and totally optional and not part of the normal competitions as stipulated in 9 above. Each fancier decides which of his birds he wishes to enter after race 10 has been completed. The prizes as stipulated in 9.6 can only be guaranteed should a minimum of 200 be entered. Should this target not be met, the prizes will be converted into monetary prize monies divided from the entry fees for this race according to the following formula: Total entry fee less 10% admin fee divided as follows: 1st 50% 2nd 30% and 3rd 20%. Fourth and Fifth positions will receive sponsored hampers.
- The winner of the team competition will be decided on the most points earned in the first 50 positions in races 1 t0 10 from all 3 birds in a team in the same way as in 10.1 above. A team is not disqualified even should any of the team get lost during the competition.
- The winner of the knockout will be decided on the first knockout bird home remaining in the 10th Should no knockout birds remain for the 10th race, the rule of “last man standing” will apply in any of preceding races. For a bird to go through to the next race it must return within the first 50 % positions of the number of birds basketed for each race.
- Only birds bought at our baby sale auction and ringed with 2018 rings will qualify for the prizes as in 9.9 above. The baby sale race is a race within a race and is part of the normal competition.
- To qualify for the previous winner competition, you have to be a previous Ace-Bird winner (Total time or points.) Nominate any three birds from your team to participate. The winner will be the individual ace bird on points in races 1 to 10. The same conditions apply as in 10.1 above.
- Only ladies are allowed to enter this competition. Only hens can be nominated at R100 per nomination. First come first served on race day. Amount of nominations not limited.
- Long distant Champion (9.12) to be divided on the same method as 10.1 above but only over races 4,6,8,10&11.
- In case of a dead heat or a tie in any of the paragraph 9 mentioned competitions, the same ruling as in professional golf will be implemented in deciding the sharing of prize money. For instance, if position 2 and 3 have exactly the same clocked time, the prize money allocated for these two positions are added together and then divided equally between the two entries. The next entry will then win the prize for the 4th position etc.
- The Benzing One Loft electronic clocking system will be used to register each bird’s time on entering the Loft over a timing pad. The Loft Manager will be responsible to ensure that all electronic rings allocated are in working condition at basketing. There will be no catching, chasing or dragging birds over the system once a race is in progress. Should for any reason the clocking system fail to register a specific bird, that bird will be considered not to be clocked.
- In the event of a total or partial failure of the clocking system, that race will be cancelled and all prize money for that specific race will be carried forward onto the next race. Should the 10th (final) race be cancelled for this reason, the race will be repeated within 2 weeks. Should however the clocking system only fail after the 50th bird has been clocked on any of the ten races, that race will be considered as completed. All races will be stopped 24 hours after the 50th bird has been clocked, for the purposes of average velocity.
- The Loft Management is indemnified against any claims as a result of injuries, death or loss of pigeons during the care, training, racing or clocking of pigeons.
- Any person visiting the Loft will do so at their own risk and will not be able to claim any loss, damage of property or injuries against the Loft Management or the owners of the property.
- No birds owned by any of the Management team or their immediate families will be allowed to enter.
- Feeding, medication, exercising and training are done to the discretion of the Loft Management. Treatment for injury or illness is to be decided by Loft Management in conjunction with the local veterinarian DR Thys Potgieter.
- A bird will only be withdrawn from a race if declared unfit by the Loft Management due to illness or injury. The entrant of such bird will be notified, but will have no say in the decision. Should an owner not agree with the loft manager, the final decision lies with the overseeing veterinarian.
- All baskets will be properly sealed and marked after basketing and checked and confirmed by the driver and his assistant.
- Liberation time, dates and release points are to the discretion of the Loft Management, with the welfare of the pigeons the only consideration. There will be kept to the published race program as far as possible. A window period for each race is set to either, to a day before or a day after the published program. Should, for any reason, to the discretion of the Loft Management, racing be impossible during this window period of 3 days, such race will be cancelled and prize monies for that race will be carried on to the next race. Should the 10th (final) race be impossible during the window period, the race will be flown as soon as possible thereafter.
- The Loft Management will consist of the following people:
23.1 DR Luiz Pedro 082 890 9821 Loft Director
23.2 Errol Vertue 084 693 1758 Advisory Trainer
23.3 Boeta Pieterse Loft Manager and Trainer
- Additional competitions and fund raisers inside the existing program is to the discretion of Loft
DIAZ ONE LOFT
PROVISIONAL PROGRAM 2017
|01.10.2017||Loft Opens for intake|
|05.02.2018||Last two flights of all birds in loft Clipped|
|19.02.2018||Last two flights of clipped birds, pulled|
|31.03.2018||Loft closes for intake|
|01.04.2018||Auction for Baby Sale (Only 2018 Rings)|
|06.04.2018||Loft training commences|
|01.05.2018||Road training commences|
|13.05.2018||First Official Toss +/-80KM|
|20.05.2018||Second Official Toss +/-100KM|
|27.05.2018||Third Official Toss +/-100KM|
|03.06.2018||Fourth Official Toss +/-150KM|
|10.06.2018||First Race||Butterworth 1||205|
|17.06.2018||Second Race||Umtata 1||307|
|24.06.2018||Third Race||Umtata 2||307|
|08.07.2018||Fifth Race||Butterworth 2||205|
|15.07.2018||Sixth Race||Ixopo 1||525|
|22.07.2018||Seventh Race||Butterworth 3||205|
|29.07.2018||Eighth Race||Ixopo 2||525|
|05.08.2018||Ninth Race||Butterworth 4||205|
|12.08.2018||Tenth Race||Greytown 1||635|
|26.08.2018||Eleventh Race||Greytown 2||635|
For more enquires please contact
Luiz: 082 890 9821
Errol: 084 6931 758
WhatsApp: 082 890 9821